Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Reminded Of Prayer...Just In Time


Today was another crazy day! I was going a million miles a minute, and like usually happens when I go into hyper-mode, I skipped my quiet time this morning. I was feeling it by about noon, and like also usually happens, everyone else around me was probably feeling it too. I was grouchy, tired, unfocused, frazzled, and rude. It started when I was doing some design stuff for a workbook I am making. Every time I get into design work...templates...cutting and pasting...layouts...etc...well, it can get pretty ugly pretty quick. A good friend of mine noticed my bad attitude, though, and was quick to remind me that I needed an attitude check. She said, "Danny, you're too busy." I was quick to agree, but those words triggered a memory in me that caused me to want to re-read the book Too Busy Not To Pray by Bill Hybels. So I pulled it out and brushed up a bit. It was a good reminder that in those times when I am feeling overwhelmed by too much to do and fast-approaching deadlines...well, that is exactly when I need to stop and pray. And not just pray for a sec or so...but instead really stop and allow God to speak to my heart. Cause every time I do I am reassured that everything will be OK and God is still in control. Thanks to my friend Molly for those words and to my God for his peaceful presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home