Thursday, October 14, 2004


A Huge Headache...
So today is my day off, and I am laying on the couch with a HUGE headache. I dont know if it is the weather, or maybe I am starting to get sick. All I know is that it feels like Michael Flately is doing Riverdance on my head! WOW. Might have to break out the "Motrin Migraine" soon if something doesn't change.
Last night at FUSION I spoke on Social Desires...the desire to be liked and popular. As I was getting ready to speak this message this week, I was struck with a funny thought. It was this...do our struggles ever change? Do we ever get over some of this stuff we struggle with?
I thought this because during my prep time, I started realizing that a lot of the struggles that I was going to be describing to these teens were things that I see adults around me struggling with all the time. I talked about how fear of not being part of the "in" crowd stops us from reaching our potential, hinders our dreams, and causes us to miss God's call on our lives. Remember that feeling from high school? I do. But the funny thing is...I still think that way sometimes and I know a lot of other adults do too!
I just was asking myself last night if we ever grow past these struggles. Do we ever allow God to help us move past these immature struggles? I don't know. Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home