Saturday, December 18, 2004


To The City...
Well, I didnt exactly get to post two days in a row, like I said I was going to...what can I say? I finally get a chance tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping. I am headed to St Louis tomorrow afternoon to spend the day with the rest of the procrastinators trying to find some last minute deals. It doesn't even feel like Christmas to me yet. Maybe that's because I haven't put up a tree or anything yet. That's Monday night's activity. Anyway, I'm spending the night in St. Louis and gonna make sure I have all the shopping done before I head back to the Vern on Monday. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a day. I dont know if anyone else is like this, but I really prefer shopping by myself, so I am also looking forward to that. I have a long list, and not much money. Ha ha. That ought to be interesting!
Today I spent the day at work planning for the coming year. I am so excited because I finally get to hire a secretary. I have done some interviewing, and I think I have settled on someone who I think is going to be such a great part of the team. I fully anticipate this to be a great growing experience for me. Supervising, delegating, etc...I'm just really so glad that I am finally getting some more help. I am the worst at utilizing volunteers. I havent been able to figure out what that is all about...I'm sure it's nothing good...probably something to do with my control issues...so anyway I am hoping that maybe with this person in a paid position I wont feel so hesitant to delegate and lean on her a little.
Well, that's all the exciting news around here for now. I'm ready for a good Christmas Sunday tomorrow. I kidna enjoy it. Christmas songs at Encounter tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home