Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Day At Church

Well, it happend again! I wrote a great entry about the day that I had today, and then something happened and I lost it. When this happens, I just wanna cuss! It's so hard to think again about all that i wrote. Oh well...here goes again!

So today we went to Crossroads Christian Church in Corona, CA. The above logo isn't theirs, but I couldnt find theirs, so now you see this one. Anyway, it was a pretty good morning. Nice to just be there and not have to be doing any of the work. The service was good. The message was about Absolute Truth. As you can imagine, I loved it. Good stuff. The pastor is Barry McMurtrie, one of the professors this week. He's from Australia, and I could listen to that accent all week. Love it.

We met with the staff after the service and had a chance to ask questions. We also got to see their building plans. Cool cool stuff. Includes mall stores, three cafes. 3200 seat auditorium, etc etc. The whole idea is based on how the Biblical towns were centered around the synagogue/temple. Crossroads is, in essence, building their own little village, called Candlewalk, and the church will be a part of all of it. The idea is that they can use all of these resources to draw people into the church. Cool ideas. Dont think it would be accepted well in MTV, but here in SoCal...I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Tonight we go to Eastside Christian Church. Don't really know what to expect. I think we are meeting with the staff there also. I checked out their website. I dont know what the church is like. I think it's large, but I dont know. The website leaves you wondering. We'll see.

Well, I better get going. Thanks to all of you who made church stuff go smoothly today. It means a lot to me to be able to be here, and you all are part of making that possbile for me. More to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home