Monday, January 10, 2005

A good day of learning


Monday...Today was a really good day in class. This morning was filled with a section on Mentoring. Our professor was Lloyd Irwin from Australia. He has developed a model of intentional mentoring that was awesome. As a lot of you know, mentoring is something that is really important to me. I dont know if I would say that it is something that I am really good at, but it is definitely something that I love to see happening. I also dont know that I would say that I really have ever been involved in a "true" mentoring relationship, I mean in it's truest most intentional form. This model, though...a year long goal-oriented monthly meeting plan- was cool. Kinda "professional" but a good framework.
I spent some time in the library during lunch just chilling. It was good. I updated the growth blog and just had some time to read. It was good. After lunch we had another class in pneumatology...the study of Holy Spirit issues. Today the topic was Spiritual Gifts. It was really a great time of learning for me. I have to admit that I thought that I thought I understood the Biblical definition of Spiritual Gifts. Apparently not! Ha ha. I'll share more about the day if you want...just let me know and I'll e-mail you the details.
2 1/2 more days...then back to the Vern. And the best news...THE SUN COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home