Thursday, January 13, 2005


The Long Road Ahead...
Today, at the beginning of the day, I remember thinking that I was glad it was the last day of class so that I could just relax a little and then get home and back to normal. I remember driving to class this morning and feeling like I was about to get to the end of this road that I have been on for the past two weeks. It was kind of a nice drive...feeling like I was about to be at a point of accomplishment. Ha ha. Ya, shortly after the drive to school ended...like when I actually walked into class...that feeling also ended.
All day today all we did was talk about all of the work that is about to begin now that the "in class" work is done. I think I am about to start the most academically strenous experience I have had in a long time. It might even rival sophomore humanities...if thats even possible...(those of you from Milligan will understand the weight of that statement...aaaahhhh). 4000 pages of reading, a 40 page journal, 3-4 hours/week of online assignment work, a 15 page paper due every two weeks (total 5 papers)...all in all I think I heard one of the other guys say that it was something like 175 pages of writing...all by April 10th!!
Ya...the end of the road...NOT SO MUCH! Ha ha.
I have been looking over some of my notes and stuff in the hotel tonight. I've also just been praying and thinking about how to best grow through this experience. During my prayer time tonight I've had some excitement about this growth and I've had some wierd feelings too. I think its something like this...It's just that age ole feeling of fear of change. I know deep down that the next few months are going to be ones of change...the next couple of years are going to be ones of change as I go through this program. I can't really say that I know all of what the change is going to be. I know, though, that there will be change...very personal change...and that is exciting and scary all at the same time.
Well, enough bloviating for tonight (thanks to Bill O'Reily for that one). Tomorrow will be one of fun, relaxing, and probably some work too. FUSION starts on Sunday...can't wait! I'm pumped about it. See everyone in the Vern soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home