Monday, January 17, 2005


No Fun...
Well, I'm home from Cali, and it's been no fun ever since I got home. I woke up Saturday morning, the day I was to leave to come to MTV, and I was kinda sick...achey muscles and sore throat. Then I missed my flight and had to take a later one which routed me through Dallas, which meant that I had to go up and down two more times...no good when you're sick. Then the luggage bay door on the plane was frozen shut and it took them an hour to get it open. Finally, at 11 PM I arrived at home (should have been here at 7) with a fever, flaming tonsils, a splitting headache, and body muscles throbbing. No fun at all.
On Sunday we started FUSION. I think it went pretty well. The band rocked, seriously rocked! I think the message was pretty good...I just felt like I couldnt get my words to come out. My head was simming and I didn't hardly sleep a wink. As soon as FUSION was over I skipped the 11 o'clock service and came home to go to bed. My fever got worse, my head came as close to exploding as is humanly possible, and I was praying for death to come soon! Ha ha.
Lots of drugs and sleep later...I'm at about 25% I think. Definitely on the upswing...as long as I keep popping Aleve and the antibiotic. LOVE THOSE TONSILS!!!
We had a great meeting tonight to get our small groups started for this semester. I'm excited about this. I think it will be so good to see 60 high school kids involved in these groups of deeper study. I cant wait to watch this effort bear fruit. I really anticipate God doing great things over the next couple of months. I kinda get the feeling that we have done a great job of following God's lead...we've primed the pump...and now things are gonna take off. CANT WAIT!
Finally got unpacked tonight. Started moving to my new office. Tomorrow starts my new routine. Up at 6:30 am and start reading and online assignments for classes. I was dreading it yesterday...but I think that was the tonsils talking. Tonight...kinda looking forward to it.
More to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home